Indian Passport Online Application Form 2012-2013 – How To Register Online? Registration of passport application forms online can be made for the following.
- Application for a fresh passport,
- Application for re-issue of passport i.e. if your present passport of 10 years validity has expired or will expire in next 12 months and
- Application for a duplicate passport, if your present passport is lost or damaged.
You can apply for Passport in India for these locations: Ahmedabad · Amritsar · Bangalore · Bareilly · Bhopal · Bhubaneshwar · Chandigarh · Chennai · Cochin · Dehradun · Delhi · Ghaziabad · Goa · Guwahati · Hyderabad · Jaipur Jallandhar · Jammu · Kolkata · Kozhikode · Lucknow · Madurai · Malapuram · Mumbai · Nagpur · Patna · Pune · Raipur · Ranchi · Shimla · Srinagar · Surat · Thane · Trichy · Trivandrum · Vizag · Coimbatore
Here in this article I am sharing my personal views about the Online Application Process. In the month of June,2011 I have applied for Passport for my wife,mother,Kid from Bangalore, Karnataka and I got passport with in 45 days after I applied. The whole process was very smooth. Only Thing you have to make sure that you have to be available in the Bangalore City or from where you have applied for passport for POLICE Verification ( Police verification for Tatkal and Fresh Indian Passport Online).
Generally if you are resident of Bangalore , you have to visit Police Station for verification completion. In other cities, police can come and visit your house address for verification. He will call you before visiting your home.
Submission of passport applications online : Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/ Mini Passport Seva Kendra (Mini PSK)
1. Register online through passport seva website ( www.passportindia.gov.in) .
2. Fill online application form.
3. Upload Scanned copies of supporting documents , even you can submit these documents at passport seva Kendra.
4. Schedule an appointment with the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/ Mini Passport Seva Kendra (Mini PSK) that comes under the jurisdiction of applicant residence and take the printout of the receipts. (or)
1. You can download eform.
2. Fill the eform offline
3. Register online through passport seva website ( www.passportindia.gov.in).
4. Upload eform and Scanned copies of supporting documents.
5. Schedule an appointment with the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/ Mini Passport Seva Kendra (Mini PSK) that comes under the jurisdiction of applicant residence and take the printout of the receipts.
You need to get an appointment at PSK for further processing of your application and complete the whole interview process. Its not very easy to book a slot and if you wnat to know how how ease your booking refer this post How to Schedule an appointment Passport Seva Kendra
Photograph of the applicants will be captured by a Citizen Service Executive (CSE) at Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Mini Passport Seva Kendra (Mini PSK) . Minor applicants below 4 years of age should carry a passport size photograph (on a white background) while visiting Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) .
Where to Submit the Passport Application Form ( In Person )
If you are not aware of online process or not comfortable submitting online, in that case you can submit the passport application form in person in the below mentioned collection centers. In this case also you need to download the Fresh Application Form, Fill it and submit it with all required documents (self attested).
- District Passport Cell (DPC) of your district. Refer this post on How to submit Passport Application form at District Passport Cell (DPC) in Person
- Speed Post Centres in your area.
- All District SP Offices , Commissionaires
Supporting documents required
1. Proof of residence (Attested photo copy): Ration card, Voters’ identity card, Utility bills – water tax bill or telephone bill or electricity bill, Running bank account or income tax assessment order of last three years, Appointment letter of reputed companies on letterhead Certificate from Tehsildar or Gram Panchayat/ Sarpanch as proof of residence in a village.
2. Proof of date of birth and educational qualifications – any one of the following (Attested photo copy): Birth certificate,School certificate, In case of illiterate/ semi-literate persons a sworn affidavit is to be attested by a Magistrate, Tehsildar or Sarpanch as per specimen given in the form.
NOTE: It is obligatory to produce the original documents for verification in case so required by the Passport Office.
Looking for Additional information on Indian Passport
- How to Apply passport for Minors and New Born Babies
- How to track the status of Passport Application
- Complete information on Rules and Regulations of Indian Passport
- Latest updates on Indian Passport
- How to change Date and place of birth in Indian Passport
Please visit official Indian Passport website for latest and accurate Details: http://passport.gov.in Register your India passport application form online, save time and enjoy!